USLA is pleased to announce the first USLA Lusitano Conference
The conference will be held February, 6-8, 2023 in Wellington, Florida. Internationally acclaimed instructors and Lusitano experts from around the globe will be featured in a Symposium and 2 days of Master Classes.
An Incredible Educational Opportunity!
We are honored to be bringing together a most remarkable group of individuals for education and to celebrate the Lusitano breed.
The conference is organized over three days.Monday, Feb 6:
- Master Class with Pedro Torres focusing on training of the Lusitano. (Held at May Faire Oaks in White Fences)
- Evening: Breeder Member dinner (Tickets available to breeder members as a separate purchase)
- Symposium at the Palm Beach State College in Loxahatchee.
- João Pedro Rodrigues, Portuguese School of Equestrian Arte.
- João Ralão Duarte, APSL General Secretary
- Pedro Torres, Pedro Torres Academy
- David Silva, DVM
- Candace Platz, DVM
- Rebecca Bellone, Ph.D.
- Evening: Gala Dinner open to all full conference participants
A partial list of speakers includes:
- Master Class with Kyra Kyrklund (Held at May Faire Oaks in White Fences)
- Reception at the conclusion of the master class.
Master Class Applicants:Would you like to be a participant in one of the master classes?
- We are seeking interested riders for both the Pedro Torres and Kyra Kyrklund Master Classes.
- The applicant horse must be an APSL Registered Lusitano (with an NIN number)
- If you are selected to rider with either of our clinicians, there is no fee for your ride.
- Information about nearby stabling options will be sent to you after you submit your application.
- To apply to either class, you must fill out a form. You may apply for both master classes if you would like.
- Please review the forms before you prepare a video for your application.
- Applications are due by December 23rd, 2022
- The Pedro Torres Application is found HERE.
- The Kyra Kyrklund Application is found HERE.
- Questions? Contact Sheri Prucka at 281 831 7042.
Cost: $500 for 3 days. Join us!
Note: We are limited by venue space to 150 registrants. Reserve your space early!